Saturday, January 21, 2017

Word of the Year

2023: Storyteller

I believe there is a part in us that truly loves people that are in our lives and we wish to help them grow. We tell our stories to transform ourselves and by writing or speaking them we take us all on a transcending journey.

 Together can we grow and evolve beyond the story. We can learn to live more deeply in our earthly life and my hope, to create a spiritual connection or understanding.

 So, please join me on my quest for 2023 to bring the gesture to you in the form of Storytelling not only in my personal discoveries as well as within my art!

Much Love-
Leslie



2022: LIVE BOLDLY

I am taking time to reflect back and look over my past year (or month or even an experience) not sure if that comes with age or wisdom...perhaps a bit of both.

Last year was...
"ENGAGE is about who I am and what I believe. To land and to live within this world as fully myself as I can be at this time. Always striving and studying how to be a full human, stretch my wings as far as I can, fly as high as I can, and to help others. And to do this, it is about Engaging with others...some will be deep connections from the first and others will be great learning experiences."

And how did I know that some would be deep connections while others were great learning experiences? That is exactly how it went!

I found both connection and experience to bring my awareness into myself even more. When connection happened, I felt the feeling of deep knowing and of great gratitude. When a life learning experience would show up, I decided to see it through. As this time in our human history, it would be too easy just to retreat and close that door. I want to be able to fully embrace life even when it is a struggle (for me).


And seeing my learning experiences through, I found it brought me a deeper knowing of myself and who I am...sometimes looking back and laughing at myself thinking who was that "person/demon child" that showed up in your body and reacted "that way"??

So now this 2022, I am more comfortable in myself even when I am "not myself". I am more accepting of...me.

And now that I have meet some challenges head on, I feel that I can walk right into 2022 boldly but with grace (for myself and others). Feeling that I do not have to please everyone and can be who I am and express that in my own way.


I find that it really is about listening to all connected parts - Mind - Body- and Soul.
For my Mind- I will continue my devoted pursuant of  books and inspiration so that I may translate them for others.
For my Body - I will continue to eat well, sleep well, and my two exercises of yoga and kickboxing.
For my Soul - I will say that is where my art lies in a continued expression of my (own) language of clay and cloth. 
And in all- the sharing with my beloved students- art and yoga...

May all of you Find your own Voice, Peace, and Growth in this 2022!
Much Love-
Leslie


 


2021 : ENGAGE

So it seems that I choose a word in a three to four year cycle...
2017: THE 3 YEAR is a journey to personal happiness  ~ on a sea of appearances…
The 3 Year is a simpler and more casual twelve-month cycle in which you must constantly ask yourself: “What do I want?” Your own long-term happiness and fulfillment are the central issues, and the 3 Year cycle gives you the opportunity to discover, and then create, what you believe will make you happy.

2021: THE 4 YEAR is a journey of breakthrough ~ on a sea of obstacles...
The 4 Year Cycle is one of vision, management, priority, limitation, restriction, determination, effort, and breakthrough. Your sense of identity – who you are and what you believe – is the principal theme. The events of this practical year will leave you in no doubt that the time has come to set new priorities and strive toward a specific long-term goal.
source: https://creativenumerology.com/

So I find that synchronicity or that "but of course"...as I researched and found these on three and four year life cycle...both hit to exactly where I was and I am now.

Where in my below post from 2017 was about "UNFOLD"-ing...finding my own voice and path.

In between these years, I experienced the act of 
 "B U T T E R F L I E D."
The act of pure and whole transformation. Change form from one that was to another that is and never to go back...
Now in 2021, "ENGAGE" is about who I am and what I believe. To land and to live within this world as fully myself as I can be at this time. Always striving and studying how to be a full human, stretch my wings as far as I can, fly as high as I can, and to help others. And to do this, it is about Engaging with others...some will be deep connections from the first and others will be great learning experiences. 

We all walk our own path in this life-time and we connect with some while others not so much. I have found that we are all not a good fit and that is a good thing. We want diversity and we want to learn from others...to open our minds to other thoughts and perceptions. Although we don't have to hang out with others that cause us constant strife.

ENGAGE

Origin

Late Middle English (formerly also as ingage): from French engager, ultimately from the base of gage.

The word originally meant ‘to pawn or pledge something’, later ‘pledge oneself (to do something’), hence ‘enter into a contract’ (mid 16th century), ‘involve oneself in an activity’, ‘enter into combat’ (mid 17th century), giving rise to the notion ‘involve someone or something else’.

I believe engage is a two way street- we must put ourselves out there in our own original way and hopefully connect with another.

So my hope is that for 2021 (-2024/5...)

I meet you along the path.


2017 : UNFOLD

I was reading some Facebook postings and noticed a dear friend had chosen her WORD for the year!
I looked back on my blogs and noticed that I hadn't chosen a WORD for about three years...yup that seems about right...it was a three year transition that I went through to get to where I am today.

Extreme hardships can bring on the opportunity for extreme personal growth. 
It can be a time where it becomes possible to shed un-needed people, places, and things...by choice or maybe by the Divine. I choose to believe both.

I like to choose a word for soul growth and that sets an intention for that year. To me, this brings the New Year in on a positive note versus behavior modifications that (most) times cannot be met.

There was a litany of so many words that scrambled through my brain!

...and when you least expect the right word to come to you it does...


...it was in the middle of a kick-boxing lesson when my instructor was asking me for suggestions for a name of a new routine of hits and kicks...I said the banana peel and got kind of an eye roll...then I said how about unfolding lotus...well needless to say THOSE were not the kind of titles he was looking for...but it told me exactly were my soul was...unfolding...

unfold
to open to the view
: reveal; especially : to make clear by gradual disclosure and often by recital
to remove (as a package) from the folds
: unwrap
to open from a folded state : open out : expand, blossom
: develop, evolve <as the story unfolds>
 to open out gradually to the view or understanding 
:become known <a panorama unfolds before their eyes>

perfect...I believe I am at a place in my life where all the bindings that were holding me from being all that I can be are gone...or recognizable...and I can be who and what I am blessed to be...to inspire others...to share my work...to share my knowledge...an artist.


In order to make this journey all that is to be I have found that one of the greatest lessons is not to push the process...let it unfold and it will and it has!
See this blog posting for more insight LINK HERE

I have found that when I push things to happen in my life, it only delays or derails the beautiful things that are suppose to come into my life. It is suppose to flow…to unfold.

When I feel that strong un-ease, I know that I am out of balance…my soul is actually telling me so. I’m resisting all that could be…. I’m pushing down the wrong path.
 

So, I back off. I take the time to stop and be quiet. It may take moments or days but the truly rightful soulful answer comes to me...in fact it is so clear that I think "duh, of course"! And in some cases the answer may be to wait a bit longer because the right answer or path has not appeared yet.

From there the path is so obviously clear and focused...then I know I'm where I should be on this part of my journey!

Next week...

Letting the Path happen:

The LL COUTURE Handbag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...