Friday, November 6, 2009

Giving Back...

Every year, my students and I do a display for the Salvation Army Doll Tea. This is a nice way to open the up-coming Holiday Season. All the proceeds go to little children in need and dresses them from under garments to warm outer garments.
As this is time of the year arrives, I do get very busy with my doll business and my personal life. I do have to admit that some years I just think that it is just too much to do this exhibit...but then I take just a moment and remember the little children. I am fortunate enough that I am able to be a dollmaker and have a studio. With hard work and great dreams- anything is possible- and so the answer to giving back really is quite simple!

Theme for this exhibit is "Snow"
...and some cats too!


I found while setting up the exhibit this year and bringing out all the dolls from the boxes and placing them together in their groups, that it brought such a warmth to my heart and a big smile...what great things we, my students and me, have accomplished over the years- we all are indeed fortunate to have each other and to share our love of dolls with others!


...and once again it does come down to those little moments in life that are so precious!
Snow Babies

Felted Snowman

Let it Snow

Sparkle Snow

Meow-Meow Neko

So take the time to enjoy the moment- even if it is fleeting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...