Friday, August 19, 2011

Taking a step...

"Then give to the world the best you have, 
And the best will come back to you." 

Madeline Bridges, poet

A year ago I said, "Why don't we have the NIADA Conference in Denver!!??"  and this year has been such a great learning experience on how to put together not only a conference but a dollmaking school preceding it.
 
I truly believe that great challenges give you an understanding of who you are and a strength that you didn't know you had.

So for the next two weeks I will be now in the midst of all this hard work and planning...it will be so very interesting to see what life this conference will take on. 

I am so thankful for my local volunteers and for the two NIADA artists, Mary Ellen Frank and Chris Chomick, for being my beacon of light through this process.
My hope is that the care and attention to detail will make a comfortable environment for all to thoroughly enjoy themselves...and yes, I will work very hard at taking a deep breath and not be the helicopter mom that I am known to be...let it live its life...let it bloom and evolve into what it is suppose to be... 

So until then, please keep me in your thoughts and I will return Friday September 2nd!


A well-developed sense of humor is the pole 
that adds balance to your steps 
as you walk the tightrope of life.
 
~William Arthur Ward ~



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...