Friday, January 11, 2013

Word of the Year 2013

 O waxing moon - 
where are you coming from?
I'm going home*
...to find my soul.

 
As many of you know, I love to start the New Year with a new word…I find it so interesting how a word can be shown to you through out a year. Normally, I choose a word that will help me with personal growth- something that defines your character as a human being…to become a better person.

I started to think about resolutions for the New Year, and came to discover many of us define our goal(s) of things we would like to "correct"...loose weight, eat right, get up earlier, be nice. What if we took this New Year to grow our already present gifts we naturally have?

It has taken me some time to get to the point where I can step out of my comfort zone (more to come on that in a future blog). To stand on my own two feet with my own thoughts, and to stand my ground to work within myself to create my art that is in my soul. At this point, it is not something that can be easily defined because it is yet to be discovered...self discovery.

wax intransitive verb

Definition:


to increase in size, strength, or intensity

to grow in volume, numbers, or duration

to grow toward full development 

to increase in phase or intensity —used chiefly of the moon

 ok...so yes, WAX, is a very unusual word to pick...but it so describes where I am right now in my life.
 
After much intentional thoughtfulness, I have chosen, this year, to cut back in my teaching so that I may use this time to push myself personally within my own personal artwork.  I realize that I am at a point in my career that if I am going to do this, I better do it now!
My doors to ROotie are open and  I will be taking private lessons to help you individually with your own personal art growth. I am excited to work with these select students to in finding their own creative path.

I feel that if we personally grow than everyone around you grows. It just brings on more happiness to all...and more thoughtful projects to share.


WAX...it celebrates the process and the growth to full potential.

WAX...it helps bring light to our path we chose to follow.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...