Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Blue Bird

I have to admit it- I LOVE cute- my husband always says to me with tongue in cheek- "Cute is Good"...as we have been married for 21 years he has learned...cute IS good!
As I was looking for inspiration of my little Blue Bird Pincushion- I started hunting around looking at vintage pictures of little blue birds...just darling-sweet and too cute...I had to make one!
Sweet little pink cheeks and a round head...
Perky stance and sparkling eyes...
Little beak squeaking out "Hello"!

I wanted all these features and also wanted to incorporate the nest into this pincushion...I used a coil machine sewn basket technique with a fluffy pin-cushion that is inset inside the nest-basket! The little bird I made from fleece for that soft downy feel and look...I love things Japanese so gave the eyes a bit more of a wider expression and of course those pink cheeks...

Little Blue Bird Pincushion
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...