Friday, June 22, 2012

New Japanese Book

One of my new favorites is Modern Patterns of Japan: Sweet and Nostalgic, which was given to me by my friend Irene.

It filled with prints from the period 1955-1965.  Yonagadou from Osaka, Japan has been collecting these patterns for many years from paper, fabrics, kimonos and vintage clothing. She then begun to turn them into stationery and wrapping paper.

 link here to Japanese site
link here to US site

If you like Japanese design and love vintage ~ this book is for you! The book mostly comprises of pages and pages of the designs...a few pages of design application but mostly up to you to decide what to do with these marvelous and colorful  inspirations!
 
I have chosen some of the cute designs, since that is where my interest within Japanese design tends to go...but there are other more traditional designs included in the book.
I especially loved the pages of candy wrappers..
close  ups...




Inspiration comes from many areas of life and I find the Japanese culture to hold so many varied gifts...their surface design being just one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...