As I looked over my posting from last year more here, I am thankful to realize that I have made some steps towards creating my business (my life) to be more manageable for myself!As I start this new year and am making changes to bring more happiness to my business , I would like to share my process with you in this blog...
Since I have just stepped out of the whirlwind, it is still so fresh in my heart and soul, I feel that I almost have to shade my eyes from looking at this previous posting not yet having my new foundation solidly in place!
I also realize that we all create our own paths that we walk, our life is our choices we make- good, healthy, or not... in the end it is our choice to live our lives they way we do. It is possible to change things.
This transition has been a disciplined but better accomplishment for me. I have had to make thoughtful changes to make this all happen and am still working on it! To help me I have found several books to help inspire me along my journey...
The one I would like to share with you is
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential
by John Maxwell. link here
"Is the book simple? You bet. Is it difficult to apply. Of course. But, the framework of the 15 Laws is one model that will help you be more successful in every area of your life. Truly, we cannot lead anyone further than we've led ourselves..."
I have just started this book, but have found it to just what I needed. As you know, I already have the groundwork of my business in place...I know my calling...I know why I am here...which I believe is an important part you have to have in place for this book to be effective. So you can take this information and apply it to reach your full potential and be a positive influence in the lives of others.
In the past, I found that I have had to take steps to ensure that I am financially able to do art which has involved teaching. I am so grateful to my students and clients for so many reasons, one being their never ending support. For 20 years, I have worked hard to create new projects for them and it has been rewarded with seeing them grow into fabulous dollmakers and for me personally, grow as an artist.
So now, it is time for me to walk my own path, to push myself and see what happens...
I can see my path ahead of me and am ready, I beleive this book will help me along my path. Growth can be painful at times. We only grow when we are not comfortable and that is where it all happens!
The List of The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth
1. Law of Intentionality - Growth doesn't just happen.
2. Law of Awareness - You must know yourself to grow yourself.
3. Law of the Mirror - You must see value in yourself to add value to yourself.
4. Law of Reflection. Learning to pause allows growth to catch up with you.
5. Law of Consistency. Motivation gets you going. Discipline keeps you growing.
6. Law of Environment: Growth thrives in conducive surroundings.
7. Law of Design: To maximize growth develop strategies.
8. Law of Pain. Good management of bad experiences leads to great growth.
9. Law of ladder. Character growth determines the height of your personal growth.
10. Law of the rubber band. Growth stops when you lose the tension of where you are and where you could be.
11. Law of tradeoffs. You have to give up to go up.
12. Law of Curiosity. Growth is stimulated is asking why.
13. Law of Modeling. It's hard to improve when you have no one but yourself to follow.
14. Law of expansion. Growth always increases your capacity.
15. Law of Contribution. Growing yourself enables you to grow others.