Friday, October 25, 2013

New StudiO Before...

Here are the new studiO befores:

It is a great space in an area called Uptown in Denver. I like it because it has that neighborhood feel while still being very urban. There are many restaurants and funky boutiques less than a 1/2 block away! AND it is only 10 minuted from home with NO highway travel- hurray!

It is in a restored Victorian House. I will be on the second floor, there are only three tenants, which makes it very quiet- yeah!
 I have a total of 4 rooms. Two will be the working areas...

Front room will be the studio area with two sunny windows!
(sorry these photos are a little pixel-ated)
Standing at the front doorway looking in...
The other space through a door way will be the office area
Looking back to the studio area
Turning and looking past the hallway to the private bath

Here is the color that I have chosen for the two rooms- I LOVE the name...Marilyn's Dress!
I have a student that has been with me for over 15 year and I was thinking about my girls when I was choosing the paint and looked at the name- just a meant to be! It is a very soft blue-grey- a little lighter than pictured here.
 

Next is the private bath
This wainscoting will be painted a charcoal grey.
And I found this fabulous tea towel by Sarah Young, that I will mount and hang in there!
 
Finally there is a small kitchenette-utility room that is now painted a faded white- I am going to have that painted a soft pink.
 
update: the walls were painted with oil base so my painter ended up painting 
the trim baseboards and windows- just perfect!

More to come after I unpack and get things in place 
so it looks fabulous for you!

Talk soon...

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, Leslie. I am just giddy for you and I am anxiously awaiting the photos you will post when you have these rooms filled with your beautiful work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait for the fun open house .. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This change will spur even more creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling around the net ,i found your blog and felt in love for your dolls.Adorable.Good lucky in your new studio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...