Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

Yes, it is that time of the year...that yummy time of the year! Turkey, stuffing...and yes cranberries..those bright burst of color and flavor!
Well, a year or so ago, I found out that I am allergic to those wonderful cranberries! Yikes...now that Thanksgiving and Christmas is among us...what is a girl to do...all those foods can't help but be complimented by those round red joyous berries!

So, I am bound and determined to find something that can be a substitute or should I say a compliment...find something that has that sweet and sour pop in your mouth...

ok...so I started hunting around on the Internet for cranberry substitutes...nothing...nada...no good...

Not to be stopped in any way, I put my thinking cap on...
well ok..maybe I like one that has a bit more sparkle to it...
anyway..I thought why not use sour cherries??

Bright and cheery-ful...and use my favorite recipe...Fiesta Style Cranberry Sauce  and change out the cranberries for the cherries add a bit of apple for the crunch and reduce the sugar a bit...it is worth a try...


 you what they say...
when life hands you cranberries best to make it cheerry!

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...