Friday, January 13, 2012

Book of the Year 2012

ok...so you all know that I love to have a word of the year to strive for or to reach a goal of being a better person. Last year my dear friend Kathy (aka Peep) introduced me to a book for the year. 

I so enjoyed every morning taking a quiet moment or two to read the thought of the day. It was a wonderful way to start the day. Unless you are one of the very few who have figured out how to have a balanced life, we are all thrown into our hectic lives to accomplish, as fast as we can, our goals for the day while being bombarded with more demands from things other that are not on our to do lists...humm- maybe this is tmi or a telling sign of what my life is!?!?!

With this in mind, Peep, shared with me another book for this year...this is help me with my goal of the year...to reach more people with my art while taking time to enjoy a bit of life...
Younger by the Day: 

Since it is the beginning of the year, I have just started it. One of Victoria Moran's suggestion was to read through the book in its entirety...hummm...sister I am going to be lucky to read each day's thought!  

This could be a clue for me for my chosen hectic life. I am well aware that I am one of those who live an over-booked life and am well aware that I have done this to myself. I also realize that I am a do-er...I love creating and can't keep up with my thoughts. However I realize I am only one person and do need to look up from my computer or sewing machine every once and while to see the world. 

My main goal of the year is to slow the merry-go-round down a bit to have time...

It is a wondrous precious gift that I have been able to make a living being a doll artist, to have my own studio out of my house and fill my classes with my fabulous students. I have worked so very hard to bring this calling to life however, it has now whirled into its own entity and I am holding on...

 so it is now time to takes this creation and fine tune it...I am still working on that and will mold this into the ability to reach more people with my art while taking time to enjoy a bit of life...

I need time...just a moment of time...to step off this whirling machine and take a walk to give myself a moment of time to explore and to discover things life has to show us. 

You never know what else you can do in life until you get off the speeding merry go round and break away from the herd!!

So stayed tuned there is always more to come!! 
Life is GRAND!!









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...