Friday, March 22, 2013

1940's Doll Complete!!

Here she is...the little sweetie...finished and ready for pick up!
  
So I just could let her go to her new home..well...
without a stitch of clothing on! 
So I made this little camisole and tap pants set.

I used a cotton batiste for the main body of the outfit 
and serged everything within.
When I turned the neckline down, 
I let a little of the serge stitching show for a hint of a lace edging effect.
Added a touch of a silk ribbon tied into a bow.
 Along the bottom hemlines, I added delicate vintage lace...

 Topped off with a really nice mohair wig with whispy curls...
and of course, a silk bow.
 I am very happy with her and hope that my client loves her also!

6 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    She is so precious. I don't know how your client couldn't love her.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's darling, Leslie. I bet tears of joy will be flowing when she picks her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's absolutely amazing! I'm sure your client will LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable. I wish I could do the cute little noses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet! I know your client will adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie, you have no idea how excited I was when you first began sharing your plans for this little doll. I have wanted to make a "baby" cloth doll following the inspiration of the 40's and 50's style patterns like the one you followed for several years. She has been nudging me in my mind and heart for a long time because my mother made me one of these dolls when I was very young. I adored her and she is still in my doll collection. Anyway, thank you for sharing this project. You gave me plenty of inspiration and tips to get going on one of my own. Of course she won't be anywhere near as professional as yours, but hopefully just as sweet.

    Jodi, Greeley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...