Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Lotus- Part One Concept

LOTUS- REIMAGINED

I find this process of rediscovery and of rebirth very peaceful. I believe, if it is possible to go with it...let it lead, magical things can come to life!

This Lotus will be just that...

CONCEPT

Transformation and Rebirth

This piece, Lotus, stepped firmly into place taking the spot of another creation- that is still "cocooned"...waiting to become a fully formed concept. She is quite certain of who she is and she is ready.

After personally transforming and now well into transcending, my own artistic voice is very clear...not to say that I am sometimes, some days knocked off my path...but now well able to regain my footing.

With this piece it is...

Open Heart

This came to me strong and clear in its message and basic concept while at the same time, ideas don't land perfectly formed. They must be nurtured and listened to.
After we travel through a traumatic journey, it does soften our heart...and hopefully towards others.

This piece is to be expressed with an open heart. 
I usually do a quick "stick figure" sketch. For me, if I take it any further than the quick sketch, I feel that the idea- the gift- has been created and therefore no need to create it three dimensionally.

I believe within this mended open heart we can find our true light and then be able to help others find theirs. When all pretenses are swept away our true being and heart shines brilliantly, no mater the age or condition of our "petals".


Transcending

So now I look at the Lotus in its life process. I have have found in recent years that I am so incredibly attracted to things in mid stream...such as this image of hydrangea that I took while in California when  teaching my Frida there.

I SO love the fading of the petals...to me they are not dying but in the beginning of a rebirth. The beauty of the spotted petals still holding color...I find this entire image breathtaking. To me it shows such a strength in a moment well lived and now only to become quiet in life and to rebirth.


And so that is the place where my lotus will arrive to meet you in this present world...As we lose the "pretense" we become more transparent and I don't think there could be anything more lovey.

Rebirth, Open Heart, Beauty in the Process of Life.

More images of inspiration!



Mehndi
Each of these piece in my Ito Series, will have a specially designed Mehndi design. Third eye- which is our wisdom.
And because I work with my hands and I feel that it is our feet that takes us on adventures- both have a design.

Next up- Fabric and Paper choices
Until then- 
Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...