Monday, April 4, 2022

Full Moon Rabbit: The Body Part Two

Missed Full Moon Rabbit: The Head Part One?

Welcome Dear Readers,

I so love this process of creating...and as I now have been an artist for half of my life, I feel that I am just now starting to understand "the process". As it turns out it really is about understanding and accepting myself better and that all feeds directly into what and how I create.

My journey with my art at this time has become more of a spiritual quest while still developing my skills and techniques- still challenging myself.


Spiritual Quest

My goal as an artist, is not only to push myself to create finer and finer art but equally important is to share my process, in which creativity is coupled with my thoughts as a spiritual gift for you. And to bring in another (perhaps unspoken) layer to my work.

To hopefully open up understandings and confidence within your own self that you garner from my processes, my words and from my art.
To stretch the imagination as well as creativity.


Trust

This is art. To trust yourself. For some (as with me) it was a long and warrior-like journey. I did learn along the way now feel that I can share my true self and my true art with all of you. I can now trust my instincts and feel that I can fully express my soul's voice in my art- even though I still continue to grow and learn.

Learning how to listen to my inner self (connected to the Divine) to have the ability to know when something is just not working.
This in itself was a huge learning curve for me, to not listen to other's ideas or opinions on my personal work. Becuase no one- no one- knows your voice better than you.

The Body

I covered the head in last weeks posting. 
This week, we will talk about the body.
Below shown body is sewn in vintage kimono liner fabric. This kimono fabric was so very sheer so there was the need for it to be lined with a silk cotton fabric underneath to give it strength.

 

Stuffing and armaturing came next.
While still disassembled, I used metallic water colors and alcohol inks to accent the body with colors. This way I didn't need to worry about the alcohol inks running into unknown areas. I love alcohol inks and their power of free flowing and going where ever- haphazardly! This again comes back to Trust!

I assembled the body and this is where, I needed to stand back and think about what it was that I wanted to say. There it is again...Trust. 
I had already in my own mind "predetermined" what the costuming was to be and so I was (forcing) the body to comply! I envisioned a hat that was the full moon in shape- a large round disc.

This was in no way working! Her ears reminded me of our puppy-boy when his ears go back and he's a bit pensive...(or working his Mama).



Symbolism

I needed to re-visit who she was. 
Full Moon: Completion

The full moon is the phase when the sun illuminates the entire moon, making her as full, round, and bright as can be. This phase represents completion, fertility, abundance, and transformation, when the seeds from the new moon come into bloom.

...making her full and round...when the seeds from the new moon come into bloom

Research

I believe a rabbit is all about (her) ears and her ears at this point where not depicting the above sentiment. They were pulled back and almost disappearing behind her.

I love research. This always gives me a deeper insight to what I am trying to convey.

Look for an inquisitive bunny to put its ears forward. When rabbits are interested in something, they will often stand on all fours and stretch their tail and their head out. Their nose and ears will be stretched out forward to inspect what is in front of them.
They will raise their ears slightly and push them forward when the rabbit is curious..
It was all there for me to guide and help me.
Key words- full and round and into bloom, ears forward when a rabbit is curious.
PLUS my little pup helping me along the way...

Redesign

So, I resewed the ears on while changing the angle of her head.
Opened up her arms that I could eventually be position around her shirt and added a tuck in her lower back to bring her front (heart center) to be more open and exposed.
Side note: I add an "X" to all my one of kinds- in memory of my Dad.

Close ups


Let's look at her ears. Both inner and outer ear(s) where dyed. I so love how the inks flow and the watercolor resists. Also the beauty of the weave in design still shows through the coloring.
The feet are sewn with separate toes the needlesculpted toes ends and tucked as necessary to add positioning. Final step it to add color.

Hands are a repeat of the feet.
Another interesting fact about rabbit is that they do not have pads on their feet (or in this case hands). Their legs are used for power not gripping!



Next week comes the costuming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...