Friday, April 10, 2009

Fuzzy Little Chicks

Round 2... I Accidentally deleted this...so trying it again!


What is it about these fuzzy chicks- they are just so darn cute! Sweet, delicate and so cheery! All those little faces looking up at you!

A friend brought these by my studio and I immediately opened the box and took them out for a photo session...great subjects- they stay were you put them-don't talk back!

They remind me of my childhood and spring...the time of new growth...of fresh and new! Also of Easter time and my new spring-time dresses.

I remember one of my Easter outfits...the fabric. The dress was made of a linen-like soft pink color with crewel work embroidered flowers (think 60's) and the over jacket was a deeper pink A-line style with three covered buttons at the top. I had a stylized white straw hat with a gross-grain ribbon on the darker pink. And of course white patented leather buckled shoes. The color and the feel of the fabric are still with me...I am truly convinced that I was put here to work with fabric...I am lucky to be a doll maker and always to be growing and trying new things!




Happy Spring-time to all of you!
May you find the new blooms in your life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...