Saturday, November 30, 2019

Progression...Swallow's Flight...PART THREE


“There is a desire within each of us,
in the deep center of ourselves
that we call our heart.
We were born with it,
it is never completely satisfied,
and it never dies.
We are often unaware of it,
but it is always awake..."


The Swallow.

As I stood on my balcony looking out, she came to me in the form of a small flock in the Spring swirling across the sky in tiny black dots...darting here and there to find their meal.

As I took my morning walk several days later, she showed herself in many sitting along a fence-line chirping happily in the sun.

She also started out in off white silk...


...It is the Human desire for Love.
Every person in this Earth yearns to love,
to be loved, to know love.
Our true identity, our reason for being
is to be found in this desire...


It is in her dyeing process that I started to uncover my love of color...once again. Not having to shield it or protect it.
Silk, linen, vintage kimono fabrics


..Love is the "why" of life,
why we are functioning at all.
I am convinced
it is the fundamental energy
of the human spirit.
the fuel on which we run,
the wellspring of our vitality...


She became my voice...my message of hope through Love.

Her coloring, span of wings, and split tail became my song.

Swallow's body and undergarment pants dyed. 
 Swallow's face painted.
Her outer garment to reflect her flight...
Sewn and dyed front
 Back
 With "wings" added
...And grace,
which is the flowing,
creative activity, of love itself,
is what makes all goodness possible...

I am finding this entire Progression so very interesting as I write to you from my continuation of my own's Soul's Flight. From the Moths to now the Balance of Raven and color of  Love within Swallow.

As my own wings had started to open, my heart for the first time on my life- felt safe...and now my art has been able to open and spread its own wings. 
I found that my series of Birds on Wing was complete...more to express in word and art.

...Love should come first,
it should be the beginning of,
and the reason for everything.”
Poem throughout this post by Gerald May, Living in Love

Swallow.
  

Coming next Cicada and Bee...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...