Friday, March 6, 2020

Progression...The Gift...PART FIVE- final.

tran·si·tion
/tranˈziSH(ə)n,tranˈsiSH(ə)n/
noun : the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.


These last five postings have been about my journey of transition...in a sense "The Hero's Journey". I believe my story followed the path of the hero in John Campbell's teachings and because of that I became the Hero of my own life.

Starting in the "Wasteland" and now returning "Home" in many ways, to give you my treasure (my hope is wisdom).

Initially, I thought I would create pieces for each of these areas...I found that I gravitated towards The Call to the Adventure and then to Magical Flights and the Return. What ended up being expressed was the left side group together in The Cicada and now, the right side grouped together in The Bee.

SIDE NOTE: for The Bee creation process see links below.


It was important for me to express her as the bearer of the gift. 
So her open palms were nestled with "pollen". 

By the time she returned home she was also a bit more comfortable in herself and through her struggles became a bit of a "rock star" in her attitude. "I can survive beautifully and do great things to help others"

So her hair became a mohawk and her eyes became expressive with a bit of don't mess with me twinkle.

She is now a woman and shows this through her gown trimmed in a flower from which she has taken flight...stinger camouflaged gently within the petals.


Wings spread she has come home.

On a Personal Note:

My journey started four years ago as a presence with my Dad with brain cancer and seeing him to the end of his life journey. My "family of origin" turning to show their true colors, and papers being filed for a divorce...all this happened within a 6 month period...

...and you know what?
It was the best thing that could of happened "for" me. As everything as I knew it was stripped away, I was left with only me. 

Now was my chance to build a new me...a new belief system within myself. Yes, it was a hard hard work, but one I was determined to take. And I am forever grateful for my art and being able to express this time period with my work.

I have changed and so has my art...while I lost color for a time, I find it is back. 
For the first time in my life, I feel safe. Safe to express myself.
Deep thanks to my "Magical Helpers" along the path.

I find now that my pieces have evolved from little girls to women...and I am thankful that my years of studying Asian symbolism can return to my newest series...Ito.

Next posting will start again with the "how I did it" processes and how "Ito" inspires this theme.
I have come from Moth to Butterfly 

spreading my colorful wings!
Stay tuned for
tran·scend
/tran(t)ˈsend/
verb: be or go beyond the range or limits. 








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...