Saturday, July 24, 2021

Goldfish Re-imagined : Part Five - Costuming coming together!

Dearest Readers,
Thank you for your patience as I worked through this piece.

If there is anything that I have learned from creating one of a kind pieces, is to listen very carefully to the direction n which that the piece wants to come forth. Also, taking my time to make certain each part of the piece is a solid and flowing fit.


To further your viewing pleasure,
 please find this short video on my YouTube Channel!
It will give you even more insight into creating this piece!

CUFF DILEMMA

After looking at the beautiful movement of the collar line using the paper I hand-dyed to the (perfect) shade of goldfish-orange...I had one part that I was struggling with and that was the cuffs!


I had created the cuffs for the pants using a beautiful vintage kimono and a reflective metallic fabric underneath. But to me, they appeared too "contemporary" too stylized...and then on the other hand, I loved how the mimicked or enhanced the shape of the skirt in that  stylized way. I was looking for having a water-like movement.




They just needed to have that same free-flowing movement of the collar!
So I set out to use some of my beautiful hand-made papers..
I worked with the bottom edge to create more movement.
And fused the metallic fabric to the underside.

AND...it didn't work! 

So I thought...why not use that same gorgeous paper as I did for the collar! I know one of those duhhh...moments...but in art you sometimes need to explore...that is how you expand in your understanding and knowledge of materials and what could be possible...this above paper will show up in another project- someday.

CUFF SOLUTION!

So placed the paper out and dyed it to the watery turquoise.

Now all was flowing!

Next adding the Underskirts.
To continue with movement and water...and also with the turquoise accents.

The final costuming...

Missed a posting on the Goldfish Adventure?
Part One : Color
Part Two : The Body
Part Three : The Kimono
Part Four : Colors and Textiles

Next week- the Hat and Final Reveal!
Until then...
Always...always follow your Heart.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...