Friday, January 13, 2023

Moon Wish : the final frontier


As the Moon has many colors so does the way we approach our own personal art. I find our art comes from such varied motives. I find within my own art that I am eternally thankful that I can do this not only in ability to create as well as the ability to keep us financially afloat. It may at times be a rocky boat but there is no other place I can be.

 my why

Find Your WHY and

You’ll Find Your WAY

John C. Maxwell

As a child, I felt I was never heard…and then I found sewing at the age of five. I clung to the needle and thread…there I found my voice- bringing it into this physical world. It has never left me.

My driving force is my deep devotion to be able to “speak” my soul. My medium of speak happens to be a three-dimensional visual form but, then to try at best as I can to bring you into the written word- the story within the piece.

moon wish

The Moon and its power to move the tides, to be believed to control our fate, to hold magic.

There is a belief that the new moon offers a time of powerful intention-setting and that the growing moon to the full moon will enhance the power of that intention…perhaps we can interpret that into a wish with the whole hearted belief that it will come true.

If we were to bring the Moon's magic to us, what would you wish for?

Courage? Peace? Love? Imagination?

May these words be woven into your own wishes.
 
Silk printed with words and woven 
into Gossamer Mulberry Paper

It is important to me that I can bring the feel of the ancient knowing perhaps wisdom into my pieces.
Can it be in the expression, the posture, the fabric choices?? My hope is that is - all.

Great care and thought is placed into each and every step.
I so love this being of such great intention.
Clay sculpted head, overlay in vintage 
kimono liner that is hand dyed. 
Kimono all in vintage kimono.

Around her skirt orbits the Moon in colors and with representation of the Full and New Moons that brings wonderful possibilities of granted wishes.
Each Moon hand-dyed Japanese sheer 
unryu paper with white mulberry pulp


below:
Moon wish printed onto vintage sheer silk.
Detail of obi with three layers beneath. 
All vintage kimono.
Fan in Gossamer Mulberry Paper

Headdress center metal with 
natural patinagold threads, 
Ears bound with silk ribbon and thread.

Back view

    


Thank you Moon for watching over us 
and for lending your power & light.
Thank you for hearing my dreams, my wishes.
Thank you for hearing them,
absorbing them into your light & shining
them back down to Earth to us.
Thank you for giving our dreams 
and wishes power.
And thank you for working with us
to bring them to life.


Wall piece 30-inches.

Contact for more information: email




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...