Now today, I look back at the 9 years since my Dad has passed and how art can be such an incredible voice when we have no words...
I share these Four Sessions from where my heart was in 2014...
· I found that we don’t create reality, it just is but it is our response to that reality that we create our world that we live in.
· I also discovered that how I responded to each part of my journey was directly related to distinct parts of my being and that I was able to see a connection to my art as the Four Seasons.
Winter ~ Snow Flower
When one was about to give up hope that the cold winter would never end, an angel spirit appeared, transformed some of the snowflakes into snowdrop flowers, proving that winter eventually gives way to spring. This simple little flower is a symbol of transformation, hope, purity and consolation. Winter...in life everything is cyclical...everything has a season...everything changes.
· My dear Dad said "Nothing is permanent except for change".
· In our own lives, we may be in the midst of a coldness and even perhaps deep darkness, but as time wears on a light will appear within the darkness.
· A light that will bring forth hope and calmness in knowing that nothing is permanent.
· I found the more I reached for that beauty, the more I found the balance that was so needed at that time.
· Hope does not come naturally us humans, we must practice at it.
Spring ~ Delicate Blossom
New blossoms symbolize feminine beauty, grace, gentility, and happiness. Pink blossoms convey youth, innocence, and joy. It is the end of difficult period and the beginning of a new Life cycle.
Spring...a fresh start...a new blossom.
· I find that in our hearts, Spring can happen anytime, in any season, after any life changing or challenging event.
· We have all heard the words of Spring cleaning...to sweep out or get rid of the unwanted.
· I fell that it important to integrate these things that have touched or tortured my heart.
· They became a part of me and now I could start spring forth with new knowledge of what makes us- us.
· Spring forth with those new blossoms of wisdom and grace to learn more about me and who I am without restrictions.
Summer, in most climates, is the warmest of most seasons. The sun is a warming presence, so it heats up our passions, our desires, and warms our hearts to the potential that we may bring to our life.
, the rainy season kicks in across southern and eastern regions. The rains are nicknamed the plum rains for the season when the blossoms ripen into fruit. China
· This was the time when I was able to feel safe enough to start to feel things emotionally, to shed tears of things that I never was able to have in my childhood or as an adult.
· I was becoming a woman, I was growing and I was stronger within myself.
Autumn ~ Beautiful Haven
Chinese lantern flowers symbolism - they have an endearing and joyful emblem of warmth. Given that these flowers enfold and defend the small, delicate fruit buried within their husks, they may be the perfect symbol for protection. Their fiery orange red hue denotes a passion for life, amiability, endurance and vitality.
During this part of my journey, I felt fragile, exposed, and felt that I needed some emotional protection. I researched many different things that bloom in
in the fall and this is what I found... the Chinese Lantern... protection and also lantern as light to lead the way. China
· Through my challenging life’s journey, I found that I was finally able to let things go.
· By letting go I was now able create a new beauty even in the most challenging times. I was able create my own life…my own haven.
· It has been an incredible time of learning so much about myself and who I am.